Our reputation is built on the care we offer and our history as one of the great centres of medical research and training. If you join us you will be joining more than 1,500 colleagues helping us to deliver local healthcare that has global impact. We also have a thriving volunteer community for which we are one of only three holders of the prestigious Queens Award for Volunteer Service in the West Midlands.
It goes without saying that you will be dedicated and caring. In return, we make sure you will have excellent development opportunities, whatever your role.
At BWH, we offer a wide range of staff benefits and services. Being situated in Edgbaston means you have a whole host of attractions right on your doorstep in the UK’s second city, Birmingham.
We also offer a range of opportunities and activities to help promote your health and well-being. These include:
- training and development opportunities – we have our own dedicated education centre providing education and training courses. We also make sure staff have regular appraisals and personal development plans
- encouraging activity – we support our staff to act as role models and gain the benefits of physical activity
- promoting your mental well-being
- we support and encourage you to use our stop smoking service and have implemented a no smoking policy for all staff on Trust property
- encouraging a good work-life balance – we recognise that a well-balanced work-life increases productivity and staff satisfaction. We have a range of benefits to help you, including our sports and social club.
All staff are encouraged to be members of our Foundation Trust and to stand as an elected Governor.